Work Schedule: 8 – 5, M – F
Wage/Salary: $14-$22 / up to $45k with Benefits
Employment Start Date: ASAP
Employement End Date: Open
Mentalix, Inc., a Dallas-based fingerprint software company, is seeking an employee for the position of Accounting Admin. We are looking for a responsible, motivated person with supporting skills and/or experience who is willing to play a key role in supporting various projects directed by corporate management. The Accounting Admin will assist the president and vice president of the company by representing their interests, as needed, with other employees, customers, vendors and corporate
contacts. Accounting Admin is expected to work very closely with management to handle assigned tasks such as scheduling, bookkeeping, written correspondence, phone call follow up and other tasks on a full or part-time basis. Job duties and opportunity for advancement will expand depending on the company’s needs and your skills.
- Miscellaneous tasks from low-level office tasks to very high level and more autonomous projects
- Work in small business team environment with emphasis on thorough communication. Develop cross-job competency skills to supplement assisting other departments in company or enabling expediting of objectives by satisfying dependent needs normally assigned to other departments.
- Manage personal time schedule and report on regular basis on activity progress
- Vendor / Customer follow-up – Handle specialized tasks related to payables / receivables and necessary communications involved.
- Maintain up to date records of confidential contacts / access mechanisms and handle frequent associated updates.
- Other Bookkeeping and financial tasks and reporting as assigned.
- Provide telephone coverage for the office as needed
- Miscellaneous projects based on skill and experience including graphic design work, video production, market research, document writing, editing, web site maintenance/design, trip/trade show prep/scheduling/participation, field project presentation / customer sales meetings, etc.
- Monitor company Master Order Status system, ensuring expected project progress and interfacing with corporate departments to expedite, maintain accurate status reporting, and update management on status / issues.
- Conference and event planning, graphic presentation / materials development, written materials development and editing, market research, corporate communications as needed and as abilities permit.
- Interface with other employees and managers to make consistent decisions by advising them of key initiatives and metrics; serving as liaison between them and the president / vice-president.
- Business related, 4 year degree preferred (business administration, accounting, etc.)
- Outgoing, assertive and positive personality required
- Self-starter with motivation, time management skills and the ability to work independently to bring tasks successfully to completion with limited supervision and manager assistance
- Must demonstrate strong writing and editing skills through success in relevant experience / coursework (English, technical writing, journalism, etc.)
- Strong verbal communication skills with personable relationship development skills with clear English speaking skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively inside and outside the company, collaborate with others, and demonstrate high integrity
- Demonstrates proficient knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.). Math skills and thoroughness required in proposal creation for accurate pricing calculations.
- Resourceful, well organized, highly dependable, efficient and detail oriented.
- QuickBooks experience preferred
- Light lifting and physical skills needed for filing, shipping
- Driver’s license required
Mentalix complies with federal equal opportunity laws with regards to its hiring practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.