The Fed Submit (SORLE) Live Scan Pack is a standalone live scan system specifically designed for law enforcement agencies to create and process sex offender registrations and law enforcement applicant transactions all from one convenient, in-house system. Easily complete required biometric transactions, capture high quality photos, and electronically submit to your DPS to receive transaction results in minutes, all without the months of waiting and weeks of scheduling through outside agencies. Mentalix makes your workforce management work for you.
- • Electronic submission reduces background investigation time for law enforcement applicants.
- • In-house systems expedite mandatory registration of sex offenders.
- • Text based searching and visual cues increases efficiency in locating past transactions and reduces operator error.
- • Real time fingerprint quality checks substantially decrease rejected submissions and error rates.
- • Integrating photo capture with fingerprinting allows identifying information to be stored in single transaction record for easy reference, transfer, and storage in compliance with increased applicant legislation.
- • Low investment with a high return on functionality, usability, and efficiency.
- • A separate applicant station frees up criminal live scan stations to better support high volume demands.
- • In-house applicant systems allow for significantly faster DPS response times and flexible scheduling for applicants.
- • Mentalix Sex Offender Registration & Law Enforcement Applicant Submission software
- • Streamlined electronic submission to local DPS
- • FBI-certified live scan support
- • FBI-certified WSQ Version 3.1 compression
- • EBTS formatting
- • Fingerprint sequence check
- • Full text search capability
- • Designated local storage space for 70,000+ transactions
- • Transaction reports
- • High quality photo/mug shot capture
- • Instant fingerprint quality check and scoring
- • Intuitive user interface and help guides
REQUIRED SYSTEM HARDWARE & THIRD-PARTY SOFTWARE:
Computer & Monitor
- Mid- to high-end range Intel (Core i5/i7 2.5+ GHz) or similar AMD processor
- 4 GB or more memory
- PCI-Express video card with 256 MB or more video RAM, capable of 1280 x 1024 resolution
- For desktop PC: 20-inch or larger LCD flat-panel monitor; must be SXGA (Super Extended Graphics Array) capable or better
- For notebook: 15-inch or larger LCD flat-panel display with SXGA or WSXGA capability
- TCP/IP network connection (an encrypted, public or dedicated connection using dial-up, DSL, cable or high-speed network, as required by your destination agency).
- If your destination agency is Texas DPS, qualifying agencies will only need an Internet connection for exchange of encrypted data with Texas DPS. Non-qualifying agencies will need a dedicated line, router and firewall.
- UPS power backup system (not required for notebook computers)
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Express
- Microsoft Windows 7
- Microsoft Office 2010
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 9 (or later)
- To receive the full benefits of Mentalix maintenance, you will be required to provide remote access to your system. This will allow Mentalix support personnel, while under your supervision, to diagnose problems on your system. To enable remote access, you must install the LogMeIn client.
SYSTEM OPTIONS -- Listed hardware is only required for use with these additional features:
- USB 2.0 port for USB scanners
- Supported flatbed scanners:
- Epson Perfection 4990 (PHOTO or PRO)
- Epson Perfection V700 (PHOTO or PRO)
- FireWire (IEEE 1394) port with cable:
- For desktop, use 6P-6P (standard) cable
- For notebook, use 6P-4P cable
- If your computer requires an add-on adapter card to make a FireWire port available, use an Adaptec or SIIG FireWire adapter card.
- Supported live scanners:
- L SCAN Guardian
- LITE-Ue (with palm scanning)
- L SCAN 500P (with palm scanning)
- L SCAN 1000PX (with palm scanning)
- Recommended height of table (on which the live scanner will be placed) is approximately 43 inches. (Disregard if you are purchasing a Mentalix-supplied ruggedized cabinet.)
- SecuGen Hamster IV
- BlueCheck II
- Lexmark T650dtn printer
- For local connection: USB 2.0
- For (optional) network connection: TCP/IP LAN
Magnetic Swipe Card Reader
- Note: Swipe card readers only recognize AAMVA-compliant ID cards. To verify your state's compliance, see the "magnetic stripe" jurisdictions at
- USB 2.0 port
- MagTek™ USB 3-Track Magnetic Swipe Card Reader with included USB cable, Black (Part No. 21040102) or White (Part No. 21040101)
Fed Submit Product Line Overview