Fed Submit (TX Small Agency) is used by law enforcement agencies to submit criminal fingerprint transactions and arrest records to the Texas Department of Public Safety. Fed Submit (TX Small Agency) is a specially configured and competitively priced system designed to serve agencies that complete less than 350 transaction submissions per year. Fed Submit (TX Small Agency) focuses in on the features smaller agencies need, while cutting out the unnecessary cost and complications of the ones they don’t. With a lower price point for hardware, software, and annual maintenance, Fed Submit (TX Small Agency) is the ideal solution for agencies looking to upgrade who don’t want to comprise on quality for cost.
- • Low investment with a high return on functionality, usability, and efficiency.
- • Dramatically decreases response time from sluggish traditional mail-in methods.
- • Regular software upgrades and a dedicated in-house support staff based in Dallas, Texas.
- • Intuitive interface is easy to learn and even easier to use, streamlining the booking process and enabling paperless fingerprinting.
- • According to the TxDPS Electronic Arrest Reporting program, Mentalix live scan stations consistently report error rates of less than one percent.
- • Approved by the TxDPS and widely adopted by agencies across the state.
- • Mentalix Customers include police departments and Sheriff’s Offices from Addison, Lubbock, Walker, Brown, University Park, Rowlett, Collin, South Padre Island, Plano, Rockwall, Parkland Hospital, Lewisville, and more. Click here to see a more complete list of Mentalix customers, and to read real user testimonials.
- • FBI-certified live scanner and custom system PC
- • Built in, streamlined electronic submission to TxDPS
- • FBI-certified card printing on blank card stock or pre-printed fingerprint cards
- • 500 ppi FBI certification
- • FBI-certified WSQ Version 3.1 compression
- • EBTS formatting
- • Instant fingerprint quality check and scoring
- • Fingerprint sequence check
- • Designated local storage space for 70,000+ transactions
- • Full text search capability
- • Transaction reports
- • Custom data entry & field checks for Texas DPS
- • Fingerprint-based matching capability within local database for searches or inmate release verification
- • Photo/Mugshot capture (with add-on), facial recognition, quality checks, and import
- • CR-43 & CR-44 printing
- • Adult & Juvenile submissions
- • TxDPS Two-Finger Lookups
REQUIRED SYSTEM HARDWARE & THIRD-PARTY SOFTWARE:
Computer & Monitor
- Mid- to high-end range Intel (Core i5/i7 2.5+ GHz) or similar AMD processor
- 4 GB or more memory
- PCI-Express video card with 256 MB or more video RAM, capable of 1280 x 1024 resolution
- For desktop PC: 20-inch or larger LCD flat-panel monitor; must be SXGA (Super Extended Graphics Array) capable or better
- For notebook: 15-inch or larger LCD flat-panel display with SXGA or WSXGA capability
- TCP/IP network connection (an encrypted, public or dedicated connection using dial-up, DSL, cable or high-speed network, as required by your destination agency).
- If your destination agency is Texas DPS, qualifying agencies will only need an Internet connection for exchange of encrypted data with Texas DPS. Non-qualifying agencies will need a dedicated line, router and firewall.
- UPS power backup system (not required for notebook computers)
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Express
- Microsoft Windows 7
- Microsoft Office 2010
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 9 (or later)
- To receive the full benefits of Mentalix maintenance, you will be required to provide remote access to your system. This will allow Mentalix support personnel, while under your supervision, to diagnose problems on your system. To enable remote access, you must install the LogMeIn client.
SYSTEM OPTIONS -- Listed hardware is only required for use with these additional features:
- USB 2.0 port for USB scanners
- Supported flatbed scanners:
- Epson Perfection 4990 (PHOTO or PRO)
- Epson Perfection V700 (PHOTO or PRO)
- FireWire (IEEE 1394) port with cable:
- For desktop, use 6P-6P (standard) cable
- For notebook, use 6P-4P cable
- If your computer requires an add-on adapter card to make a FireWire port available, use an Adaptec or SIIG FireWire adapter card.
- Supported live scanners:
- L SCAN Guardian
- LITE-Ue (with palm scanning)
- L SCAN 500P (with palm scanning)
- L SCAN 1000PX (with palm scanning)
- Recommended height of table (on which the live scanner will be placed) is approximately 43 inches. (Disregard if you are purchasing a Mentalix-supplied ruggedized cabinet.)
- SecuGen Hamster IV
- BlueCheck II
- Lexmark T650dtn printer
- For local connection: USB 2.0
- For (optional) network connection: TCP/IP LAN
Magnetic Swipe Card Reader
- Note: Swipe card readers only recognize AAMVA-compliant ID cards. To verify your state's compliance, see the "magnetic stripe" jurisdictions at
- USB 2.0 port
- MagTek™ USB 3-Track Magnetic Swipe Card Reader with included USB cable, Black (Part No. 21040102) or White (Part No. 21040101)