Mentalix’s FS IDMS solution enables Texas law enforcement agencies to build a digital fingerprint database and use mobile scanners to quickly and easily verify a subject’s identity in the field. The FS Remote ID units integrate seamlessly with in-car or remote computer systems, enabling efficient and secure fingerprint search requests to the local FS IDMS database, the TxDPS, and the FBI, all in minutes, all without a full live scan system.The FS IDMS solution is fully customizable, and includes a local fingerprint database as well as five Mentalix FS Remote ID units.
- • Low investment with a high return on functionality, usability, and efficiency.
- • Allows instant identity verification in the field, no need for lengthy processing or suspect relocation.
- • Improves public safety and officer safety by reducing inadvertent releases of wanted suspects.
- • Avoids false arrests and identity theft using secure, fingerprint based identity verification.
- • Compact, portable, FBI-certified scanning devices can be integrated with existing in-car laptops or remote agency systems.
- • The FS IDMS database can be populated with fingerprints from any live scan system (including other vendors) and/or past fingerprint arrest records.
- • Builds a local, accessible, electronic fingerprint database, no live scan system required.
- • Intuitive administrative procedures and easy-to-use server maintenance tools included.
- • FS IDMS is fully tailored to each agency to fit their specific needs. Additional ID units, servers, and existing hardware integration are available.
- • FS IDMS package includes:
- ⋅ Fully integrated IDMS fingerprint database
- ⋅ Custom server PC
- ⋅ Five (5) FS Remote ID mobile, single-finger, FBI-certified scanners
- ⋅ Five (5) FS Remote ID software licenses
- ⋅ First-year annual maintenance
- • Submissions to Local IDMS database, the FBI RISC (Repository for Individuals of Special Concern) database, and the full TxDPS archive
- • Results returned to mobile FS Remote ID units in minutes
- • Expedited two finger verification searching
- • Full integration with existing PCs or in-car laptops
- • Enhanced security measures including advanced administrative permissions settings on a per-officer basis
- • FS IDMS database stores 70,000+ records locally for instant verification of prior bookings, no DPS wait required
- • Additional FS Remote ID units may be purchased as needed
- • FS IDMS package includes:
REQUIRED SYSTEM HARDWARE & THIRD-PARTY SOFTWARE:
Computer & Monitor
- Mid- to high-end range Intel (Core i5/i7 2.5+ GHz) or similar AMD processor
- 4 GB or more memory
- PCI-Express video card with 256 MB or more video RAM, capable of 1280 x 1024 resolution
- For desktop PC: 20-inch or larger LCD flat-panel monitor; must be SXGA (Super Extended Graphics Array) capable or better
- For notebook: 15-inch or larger LCD flat-panel display with SXGA or WSXGA capability
- TCP/IP network connection (an encrypted, public or dedicated connection using dial-up, DSL, cable or high-speed network, as required by your destination agency).
- If your destination agency is Texas DPS, qualifying agencies will only need an Internet connection for exchange of encrypted data with Texas DPS. Non-qualifying agencies will need a dedicated line, router and firewall.
- UPS power backup system (not required for notebook computers)
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Express
- Microsoft Windows 7
- Microsoft Office 2010
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 9 (or later)
- To receive the full benefits of Mentalix maintenance, you will be required to provide remote access to your system. This will allow Mentalix support personnel, while under your supervision, to diagnose problems on your system. To enable remote access, you must install the LogMeIn client.
SYSTEM OPTIONS -- Listed hardware is only required for use with these additional features:
- USB 2.0 port for USB scanners
- Supported flatbed scanners:
- Epson Perfection 4990 (PHOTO or PRO)
- Epson Perfection V700 (PHOTO or PRO)
- FireWire (IEEE 1394) port with cable:
- For desktop, use 6P-6P (standard) cable
- For notebook, use 6P-4P cable
- If your computer requires an add-on adapter card to make a FireWire port available, use an Adaptec or SIIG FireWire adapter card.
- Supported live scanners:
- L SCAN Guardian
- LITE-Ue (with palm scanning)
- L SCAN 500P (with palm scanning)
- L SCAN 1000PX (with palm scanning)
- Recommended height of table (on which the live scanner will be placed) is approximately 43 inches. (Disregard if you are purchasing a Mentalix-supplied ruggedized cabinet.)
- SecuGen Hamster IV
- BlueCheck II
- Lexmark T650dtn printer
- For local connection: USB 2.0
- For (optional) network connection: TCP/IP LAN
Magnetic Swipe Card Reader
- Note: Swipe card readers only recognize AAMVA-compliant ID cards. To verify your state's compliance, see the "magnetic stripe" jurisdictions at
- USB 2.0 port
- MagTek™ USB 3-Track Magnetic Swipe Card Reader with included USB cable, Black (Part No. 21040102) or White (Part No. 21040101)
Fed Submit IDMS Mobile Identity Management Brochure
Fed Submit Product Line Overview