Our Fingerprint Scan API Toolkit is optimized for high quality, superior performance and smooth integration. We offer a variety of scanner/platform combinations to suit different requirements. For example, the IAFIS-certified module for the Epson Perfection 4990 scanner on Windows® offers a low cost, high speed solution, while the Epson Expression 10000XL supports ADF and duplex scanning. Contact Mentalix for per-license royalties required for use of Mentalix’s Fingerprint Scan API Toolkit runtime module(s).
Certified “drop in” solutions save time
Mentalix relieves the burden of the IAFIS certification process for you by offering pre-certified software solutions for off-the-shelf scanning hardware. Unlike other vendors, Mentalix does not lock you into purchasing proprietary hardware systems. Because we offer software-only IAFIS-compliant solutions, you can select from a variety of supported off-the-shelf scanning devices — resulting in greater hardware choice and availability. The Toolkit interface is not dependent on specific platforms and scanning devices, which means that Mentalix can quickly adapt the application for certification testing on additional operating systems and scanner models. As a result, we can provide “drop-in” software updates as new scan devices become available. This makes it easier for systems integrators to take advantage of the latest technology developments — without being forced to replace entire systems.
The Toolkit provides developer access to Mentalix’s growing list of Appendix F 500/1000 ppi IAFIS-certified fingerprint scanning runtime library modules — certified by the FBI as having been tested and found to be in compliance with the FBI’s IAFIS Image Quality Specifications (IQS). While the IAFIS standard for scanning 10-print cards is 500 ppi, latent prints require high-resolution scans at 1000 ppi.
Toolkit modules for both the 500 ppi and 1000 ppi levels are available. Mentalix was the FIRST vendor to develop certified solutions for latent print scanning, and we offer MORE compliant products than any other company on the FBI’s provider list.
Supports custom requirements & multiple platform/scanner choices
With the Fingerprint Scan API Toolkit, systems integrators can set up an interface to scan standard 10-print fingerprint cards or user-defined latent print scans. A fingerprint definition template feature supports non-U.S. cards or custom applications.
The Toolkit’s shared object library has a ‘C’ interface that can be used to carry out IAFIS-compliant scanning functions. This allows you to easily integrate a consistent fingerprint scanning interface within larger turnkey systems — including UNIX® and Windows systems, as well as multi-platform environments. In addition, since Mentalix’s software supports a variety of off-the-shelf scanner models, you have the freedom to choose the platforms AND the scanners that best suit your needs.
Certified Runtime Library Module Highlights:
- IAFIS-certified modules based on scanner/platform combination
- Unmatched PRICE/PERFORMANCE level: The Epson Perfection 4990 module offers 20-second, 10-print card scanning speed at an estimated $2,000 — including the scanner
- “Software only” — no proprietary hardware
- Enables image acquisition with off-the-shelf scanners
- Supports several UNIX and Windows platforms, as well as multi-platform systems
- Provides uniform interface across platforms
- One-piece DLL or shared object library module designed for ease of use and quick updates. On Windows platforms, the DLL is easily usable in C, Visual Basic and .NET development environments.
- “Drop in” upgrades allow you to leverage scanning technology advances quickly
- Libraries contain core image acquisition code
- Non-certified modules for applications that do not require IAFIS-compliant fingerprint scanning
- Automatic preview scan warms up illuminant to maintain quality
- Performance-tuned scans and image correction
- Piecewise acquisition and processing of corrected image data
- Interactive progress reporting displays status
- Scan abort stops a scan before completion
Supplementary Tools to Simplify Integration:
- Sample ‘C’ programs for ease of use
- Overscan function eliminates the need for precise positioning of the card on the scanbed
- Interactive GUI demonstration program with image viewing and file export capabilities
- Demo can be used to verify installation and software operation and perform consistency checks and hardware reliability tests
- Demo includes these scan parameters:
- Scanner setup and selection
- Define scan cycles:
- Acquire a batch of different cards
- Scan for performance testing
- Selectable scanning resolution
- User specification of fingerprint card layout
- Optional retrieval of raw image data or IAFIS-certified (corrected) data
- Multiple output options:
- View scanned image data
- Export scanned data to TIFF file
- Generate a histogram
- Save scan settings for future use
- When viewing scanned image:
- Zoom in/out
- Convert image to a different file format
SCANNER INTERFACEWindowsSUN Solaris
Agfa DuoScan T1200 SCSINC, 3.3F5, 2.0F5, 1.1— Epson Expression 1600 SCSINC, 3.3NC, 3.3— Epson Expression 1640XL SCSIF5, 3.1NC, 3.3NC, 3.3NC, 3.3— Epson Expression 1680 SCSIF5, 3.1NC, 3.3F5 &F1K, 3.3— Epson Expression 10000XL USB 2.0——— Epson Perfection 1640SU SCSINC, 3.3NC, 3.3NC, 3.3— Epson Perfection 2400 USB 2.0———— Epson Perfection 4870 USB 2.0———NC, 3.3 Epson Perfection 4990 USB 2.0——— Epson Perfection V700 USB 2.0——— HP ScanJet 6200C SCSINC, 3.3NC, 3.3NC, 3.3NC, 3.3— HP ScanJet 7400C SCSINC, 3.3NC, 3.3NC, 3.3— Improvision IS510-1K Dunord I-3318-3
PCI card &
188.8.131.52 or later————
Improvision IS520 Dunord E/ISA————NC, 3.3 Microtek ScanMaker 5 SCSIF5, 1.0NC, 3.3NC, 3.3F5, 1.1— Primagraphics 5200 SCSINC, 3.3NC, 3.3NC, 3.3— UMAX PowerLook 1100 Firewire———— UMAX PowerLook 2000 SCSINC, 3.3NC, 3.3NC, 3.3NC, 3.3— UMAX PowerLook 2100XL SCSINC, 3.3NC, 3.3NC, 3.3— UMAX PowerLook III SCSINC, 3.3NC, 3.3— KEY:Chart shows certification status and certified software version.
F5 = Certified for FBI IQS Appendix F, 500 ppi
F1K = Certified for FBI IQS Appendix F, 1000 ppi
NC = Non-certified support
Links in the chart above go to the certification document (in PDF format) for each certified module. You will need Acrobat Reader to view these files.