The Fed Submit Mugshot (Add-On) is an innovative, cost effective way to integrate facial recognition software and DPS photographic submissions into your current Mentalix Fed Submit system. Capture fingerprints and store important visual data including mug shots, tattoos, and identifying marks all in one place to increase identification accuracy, processing efficiency, and ease of reference. Fed Submit’s facial recognition capabilities can be accessed and utilized with both Mentalix’s Release Verification and Remote ID products, making the Mugshot (Add-On) a dynamic upgrade with multiple live scan applications.
- • Streamline processing with a single, front to back system, all in one convenient place.
- • Locating the correct transaction has never been easier, increasing efficiency and reducing operator error with visual cues.
- • Additional modes of identification improves accuracy of matches on a local and federal level.
- • Integrating photo capture with fingerprinting allows identifying information to be stored in single transaction record for easy reference, transfer, and storage.
- • Low investment with a high return on functionality, usability, and efficiency.
- • The Mugshot (Add-On) can be used to expand the features of not only the Fed Submit system, but also the Release Verification, and Remote ID products as well.
- • Advancements in facial recognition software and stricter identification laws makes the ability to capture and catalog high quality images invaluable.
- • Submitting photographic information alongside fingerprints just makes sense. For accuracy, for building state and federal facial archives, and for moving forward into the future.
- • Crystal clear 18-megapixel DSLR camera
- • Camera to Fed Submit dashboard integration
- • Comprehensive mug shot compilation space (front, two profiles, and a side view)
- • Large optional gallery for specific scars, identifying marks, and tattoos
- • Fed Submit facial recognition software compatible
- • Adult & Juvenile submissions
- • Intuitive user interface and help guides
- • Adjustable camera mount seamlessly integrates with current Mentalix systems
- • Optional photo importation
- • Enables Fed Submit photo features and DPS photo submissions, even with third party mugshot systems and hardware
REQUIRED SYSTEM HARDWARE & THIRD-PARTY SOFTWARE:
Computer & Monitor
- Mid- to high-end range Intel (Core i5/i7 2.5+ GHz) or similar AMD processor
- 4 GB or more memory
- PCI-Express video card with 256 MB or more video RAM, capable of 1280 x 1024 resolution
- For desktop PC: 20-inch or larger LCD flat-panel monitor; must be SXGA (Super Extended Graphics Array) capable or better
- For notebook: 15-inch or larger LCD flat-panel display with SXGA or WSXGA capability
- TCP/IP network connection (an encrypted, public or dedicated connection using dial-up, DSL, cable or high-speed network, as required by your destination agency).
- If your destination agency is Texas DPS, qualifying agencies will only need an Internet connection for exchange of encrypted data with Texas DPS. Non-qualifying agencies will need a dedicated line, router and firewall.
- UPS power backup system (not required for notebook computers)
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Express
- Microsoft Windows 7
- Microsoft Office 2010
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 9 (or later)
- To receive the full benefits of Mentalix maintenance, you will be required to provide remote access to your system. This will allow Mentalix support personnel, while under your supervision, to diagnose problems on your system. To enable remote access, you must install the LogMeIn client.
SYSTEM OPTIONS -- Listed hardware is only required for use with these additional features:
- USB 2.0 port for USB scanners
- Supported flatbed scanners:
- Epson Perfection 4990 (PHOTO or PRO)
- Epson Perfection V700 (PHOTO or PRO)
- FireWire (IEEE 1394) port with cable:
- For desktop, use 6P-6P (standard) cable
- For notebook, use 6P-4P cable
- If your computer requires an add-on adapter card to make a FireWire port available, use an Adaptec or SIIG FireWire adapter card.
- Supported live scanners:
- L SCAN Guardian
- LITE-Ue (with palm scanning)
- L SCAN 500P (with palm scanning)
- L SCAN 1000PX (with palm scanning)
- Recommended height of table (on which the live scanner will be placed) is approximately 43 inches. (Disregard if you are purchasing a Mentalix-supplied ruggedized cabinet.)
- SecuGen Hamster IV
- BlueCheck II
- Lexmark T650dtn printer
- For local connection: USB 2.0
- For (optional) network connection: TCP/IP LAN
Magnetic Swipe Card Reader
- Note: Swipe card readers only recognize AAMVA-compliant ID cards. To verify your state's compliance, see the "magnetic stripe" jurisdictions at
- USB 2.0 port
- MagTek™ USB 3-Track Magnetic Swipe Card Reader with included USB cable, Black (Part No. 21040102) or White (Part No. 21040101)