Fed Submit (Civil) is used by civilian companies and institutions such as airports, banks, and school districts, to streamline background checks and electronic submissions to the FBI or OPM. Digital fingerprinting dramatically decreases response time from sluggish, traditional mail-in methods, allowing total control of the printing process from start to finish. Fed Submit (Civil) is highly adaptable, scalable, and cost effective to make workforce management work for you.
- • In-house applicant systems allow for significantly faster response times and flexible scheduling for applicants.
- • Mentalix solutions can be scaled up or down to accommodate any operation of any size.
- • Systems integrate with cost effective off-the-shelf hardware.
- • Eliminates the lengthy and messy process of ink capture and mail-in submissions.
- • Intuitive interface is easy to learn and even easier to use.
- • Designed for background checks including standard NIST fields, no specialization required.
- • Low investment with a high return on functionality, usability, and efficiency.
- • Streamlines transaction administration, submission, and tracking, all from one convenient system.
- • Local database allows full text-based searches.
- • Regular software upgrades and a dedicated in-house support staff based in Dallas, Texas.
- • Mentalix's Fed Submit (Civil) FBI-certified software and live scan station
- • FBI-certified 500 ppi and WSQ Version 3.1 compression
- • Flexible add-ons such as FBI-certified printing, swipe card readers, Admin stations, and carrying cases
- • EBTS formatting
- • Instant fingerprint sequence and quality check
- • Local, searchable database stores 70,000+ transactions
- • Transaction reports and history
- • Customized data entry and field checks specific to applicant card requirements
- • Electronic submissions accepted by OPM, LexisNexis, AAAE, DPS, etc.
- • Supports digital transaction submission via SMTP
- • Professional support services with first year maintenance included
- • Intuitive user interface and help guides
REQUIRED SYSTEM HARDWARE & THIRD-PARTY SOFTWARE:
Computer & Monitor
- Mid-range Intel (Core i3/i5 2.1 GHz or higher, Core 2 Duo E7500 or higher, etc.) or similar AMD processor
- 1 GB or more memory
- PCI-Express video card with 256 MB or more video RAM, capable of 1024 x 768 resolution
- For desktop PC: 20-inch or larger LCD flat-panel display. Monitor must be XGA (Extended Graphics Array) capable or better.
- For notebook: 15-inch or larger LCD flat-panel display with XGA or better capability
- TCP/IP network connection (an encrypted, public or dedicated connection using dial-up, DSL, cable or high-speed network, as required by your destination agency)
- If your destination agency is LexisNexis or OPM, you will only need a modem or VPN Internet connection. VPN is highly recommended.
- UPS power backup system (not required for notebook computers)
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Express
- Microsoft Windows 7
- Microsoft Office 2010
- Adobe Acrobat Reader XI+
- To receive the full benefits of Mentalix maintenance, you will be required to provide remote access to your system. This will allow Mentalix support personnel, while under your supervision, to diagnose problems on your system. To enable remote access, you should have the LogMeIn client installed.
SYSTEM OPTIONS -- Listed hardware is only required for use with these additional features:
- USB 2.0 port for USB scanners
- Supported flatbed scanners:
- Epson Perfection 4990 (PHOTO or PRO)
- Epson Perfection V700 (PHOTO or PRO)
- For USB scanners: USB 2.0 port with cable
- Supported live scanners:
- L SCAN Guardian (USB)
- Recommended height of table (on which the live scanner will be placed) is approximately 43 inches. (Disregard if you are purchasing a Mentalix-supplied ruggedized cabinet.)
- Lexmark C544n or T650n printer
- For local connection: USB 2.0
- For network connection: TCP/IP LAN
Magnetic Swipe Card Reader
- Note: Swipe card readers only recognize AAMVA-compliant ID cards. To verify your state's compliance, see the "magnetic stripe" jurisdictions at
- USB 2.0 port
- MagTek™ USB 3-Track Magnetic Swipe Card Reader with included USB cable, Black (Part No. 21040102) or White (Part No. 21040101)
- Alaska Regional Park Service
- American Stock Exchange LLC
- Antietam National Battlefield
- Arvest Bank
- Bandelier National Monument
- Chickamauga & Chattanooga National Military Park
- Coastal Federal Credit Union
- CSC Computer Sciences, U.S.
- First International Bank & Trust
- Harris Bank
- HireRight, Inc.
- HR Profiles, Inc.
- Lehigh Northampton Airport Authority
- Louisiana National Guard
- MacDill Air Force Base
- McNeil Technologies
- Navy Operational Support Center LA
- Navy Personnel Command
- Parkland Hospital Police Department
- Sterling National Bank
- U.S. Census Bureau
- U.S. Department of Education
- U.S. Investigations Services
- UMB Bank